Changing the ELMA web server port
The connection port can be specified when installing the system. By default, ELMA is installed on the 8000 port. You can change the port to any unoccupied one. By default, the http protocol uses the 80 port. Therefore, if you do not want to specify the port number in the URL bar (only the domain name or IP), then you need to specify this port in the settings.
The procedure of changing the port depends on how ELMA is installed:
- IIS is used as the web server
- Internal ELMA (Cassini) server, which works as a Windows service, is used as the web server
- Go to Start - Control Panel - Administration - Internet Information Services Manager.
- In the IIS Manager, find your website (by default, ELMA-Standard/ELMA-Enterprise), right-click on it and select Edit bindings in the context menu
- In the Edit bindings window, select a binding and click Edit.
- Change the current port to the required one.
- Save the settings by clicking OK and close the Edit bindings window.
- To apply the changes, restart the site. Click Restart in the Actions menu, Manage Web Site unit.
- Go to Start - Control Panel - Administration - Services, and stop the ELMA 3 web server service.
- In the file C:\ELMA3-[Edition]\Service\EleWise.ELMA.WebServer.config find the line:
<Port>7000</Port>Change the current port to the required one and save the changes in the file.
- Start the ELMA 3 web server service.