Configure IIS for ELMA
ELMA can use either IIS or Cassini web servers.
We recommend that you use IIS, because it ensures that ELMA will be more stable and will work faster. IIS also supports both HTTP and HTTPS protocols.
In this article, we will show you how to configure IIS server in Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2. You need to configure it before installing ELMA. It is important that you configure IIS settings properly to make sure that ELMA will work seamlessly.
- Go to Server Manager – Roles – Add Roles:
2. Choose Web Server (IIS) role:
3. Select the role services:
Below is the full list of services that you need to choose:
Note that items from the Security section may vary according to the settings of your server.
4. Confirm installation selections and click Install:
5. IIS server is ready now and you can install ELMA:
Installing and configuring IIS in Windows Server 2012 R2
1. Open the Server Manager (can be downloaded from the official Microsoft website) for Windows Server 2012.
2. Select 2. Add roles and features. Add Roles Запустится Мастер добавления ролей.
3. Click Next.
Configuration is complete.
However, during the restart, an access permissions error may occur.
If you use a domain account of the Service type the Windows.Web.Administration.dll library error occurs in Windows 2012 and higher.
You can avoid it if you start the pool using the built-in IIS account. This account required full access to the ELMA3-Enterprise folder and does not need administrator permissions or access to the IIS system files.